Carousel

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I think I figured out how to fix The Sorcerer's Ascension

I have had a problem (as well as some of my readers) with book 1, mainly dealing with Maude and her group. I KNOW any publisher or agent is going to insist they be cut out, but I tied them into the story too much at the end to do that. What I plan to do is remove them entirely from book 1 and not put them in until toward the end. I am also going to remove their underwater adventure entirely. This will insert them into the series closer toward the time they hook up with Azerick so they integrate with the primary story much faster and smoother. Once I do that, I can start working on improving the editing and making the series available for print.

3 comments:

  1. I like that idea. As big of a fan of your books as I am, I had a hard time getting through Maude's scenes in the first book.. I skimmed over the underwater stuff entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually liked Mauds Marauders. They are almost a parody on a classic adventurer group. I find their interactions hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that I don't like the characters or their story, I just feel the way I included them in the series doesn't fit. They'll still be there just trimmed down for a better fit. Starting them out in book 3 instead of book 1 also prevents them from just kind of hanging around for years without anything to do.

    ReplyDelete

Click Here to send me an email

Read my Newsletter here