Saturday, March 15, 2014

You're fired! or You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

I sell most of my books on 3 sites: Amazon (99% of all sales), Smashwords, and Barnes and Noble (because Smashwords was taking way to long to distribute to them). Smashwords is a constant thorn in my side. I have format EVERYTHING different for them. They don't allow large fonts for titles, no hyperlinks to anything other than my blog or FB page, and anytime I make any change (like uploading a new cover) the manuscript contains problems that weren't there before despite not having touched the manuscript. These people have added hours and hours of work to fixing alleged problems every time I publish a new book, make a new cover, or make any changes to my manuscript. So I fired them. I fired them and Barnes and Noble. B&N didn't do anything wrong and their site is very writer friendly and caused no problems, but it is still to much work to justify spending the time it takes to create a separate book for them. All my books will be available exclusively on Amazon and will soon by free for Prime members where you can "borrow" them to read. Don't worry, I still get paid. I know that is your greatest concern and I deeply appreciate it. Thank you, readers. Smashwords...say hi to Azerick in the abyss for me.

2 comments:

  1. Amazon is the only way, especially since I have totally abandoned my Nook account and exclusively buy for the kindle. This is especially so since I bought my Kindle Paperwhite

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't the first time I've seen an author get fed up and fire Smashwords. I'm almost shocked they manage to stay open since they don't seem to have any interest in streamlining the process for the the authors who distribute through their site.

    ReplyDelete

Click Here to send me an email

Read my Newsletter here